48) What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
A number of things really, but it rarely ever happens to be honest. Usually things such as:
- Bad dialogue - so the conversations between the characters are so boring and monotonous that I just can’t read it anymore.
- I hate the characters - like I said it rarely happens but in some cases the characters can just be so amateur in development like thoughts and feelings that I just can’t even see how that book was published.
- Cheesiness - This sounds ridiculous but if a book is just cheesy page after page then I physically cannot swallow it and I just have to stop reading it.
- Stupid events - Similar to cheesiness if something is just so stupid and wrong and weird - like I don’t even care if it’s fantasy or science fiction and it’s ‘supposed’ to be like that, I just can’t read it for some reason.
Thanks for asking! :)